About Me

West Hartford, CT, United States
I do solemnly swear that I am not up to no good. I'm honest, forward, direct and willing to describe what I see. If you find this to be offensive, there's a great website called 'google.com' where you can find anything else to read. I read, I think, I watch, I answer, I ask, I participate, I dream, I love, I imagine, I wonder, I covet, I envy, I suffer, I gloat, I regret, I eat, I refuse, I offer, I clean, I soil, I vote, I cry, I yell, I enjoy, I withstand, I withhold, I deny, I observe, I contrast, I compare, I write, I produce, I laze, I sleep, I type, I bitch, I complain, I insult, I serve, I help, and most of all, I live. Read my thoughts, tell me things, share my space. Live and let love; love and let live. These 'blogs' I write are my opinion. You have every right to hate them, just respect that they are my opinions. Whether I write about food or life itself, I appreciate the freedom to wonder and the freedom to express.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Harry's Pizza (but for breakfast!)

Establishment: Harry's Pizza

Genre/Type: Italian Pizza Eatery, but open Saturday/Sunday mornings for breakfast

Location/Contact Information: 1003 Farmington Ave., West Hartford Center

Website: www.harryspizza.net

Cost: usually around $10/person

Alcohol: not for breakfast (though, occasional mimosas, etc)

Beverages: juice, milk, tea/coffee

Take out or Eat in: Eat in only for breakfast

Our first impression(s): Not fair to assess, because I've been there SO many times

Our Scores (on a scale of 0 (horrifying) to 20 (deliciously awesome and worth every shekel)
D: 18
Others (average): 17

Harry's is a local pizza joint, and a West Hartford standard; pizzas are hotly contested as the 'best' or 'second best' in the area.

We were not here for pizza.

The menu is a combination of dishes--pancakes, crepes, breakfast sandwiches, omelets, waffles, and more.


The staples are easy--scrambled or eggs-over, and all are good.

The pancakes, for the pancake aficionado, are amazing.  Cake-like, fluffy, and filled with a variety of savories--chocolate chips, bananas, blueberries, and other fruits--all delicious. We share one among four or five people (they're big and delicious).

The fresh fruit bowl is a treat when it's available--blueberries, strawberries, melon, blackberries, bananas, and others. Oatmeal is also perfectly cooked and yummy--brown sugar and berries included.

The omelets are also very well prepared...I highly suggest asking for the special recipe

Harry’s has been an integral part of the West Hartford community since 1991.  We’ve won several awards including the Best of Hartford Advocate, Best of Hartford Magazine, and the Zagat’s Award of Distinction.  We are most proud of the baseball, softball, basketball and soccer teams we have sponsored for fifteen years. 
Please drop in at Harry’s when you’re visiting vibrant West Hartford center.  Hope to see you soon at Harry’s where it’s always quick and friendly service.

No comments:

Post a Comment